Rodent Control in Tampa, FL
Trusted Pest Elimination Services
There are few creatures that cause as much horror as rodents, especially rats and mice. While these creatures may be small, they can quickly become a big problem unless you get quality rodent control to get rid of them. This is because rats and mice are rapid breeders. In just the span of a year, a female rat can produce about six to seven litters, each with about twelve babies.
Since each of these rodents reaches maturity in about 30 days, soon enough the rat and mice population can exponentially grow to enormous proportions. This is why it is crucial to immediately contact us here at Cross Pest Control of Tampa if you suspect that you have a rodent infestation on your property.
Call us today at (813) 733-8823 so that we can act fast before the rodents arrive.
Dangers of Rodents
Rodents wreak havoc wherever they go. Whether you're dealing with mice, rats, chipmunks, or squirrels, one common aspect between them all is that they are known for chewing. In fact, a rodent's front teeth, known as the incisors, never halt in their growth process; so, if a rodent stopped chewing and gnawing, its teeth would grow too big. This is one reason why rodents can always be chewing your walls, wires, furniture, clothing, and anything else around your home once they make entry. Not only can this destroy your property, but in extreme cases it can even lead to dangerous electrical fires, all because of one gnawing rodent.
In addition to wrecking your home, rodents like rats, mice, and squirrels can spread diseases through their urine and feces. Young children and pregnant women are especially susceptible to these dangers, and diseases from mice and rats can lead to debilitating health defects that last for many years, or even life. Even if you do not come in direct contact with rodents themselves, the fleas and ticks they carry can cause horrible pain, itching, and other types of diseases. And those who escape the long-term effects often still suffer from short-term allergies, asthma attacks, and hives.
What are the Methods of Controlling Rodents
If you have or think you may have a rodent problem, the best thing to do is call a rodent control company right away. Our team provides rodent control in Tampa and always get asked the best way to control the problem until we come and exterminate.
When you have a rodent problem, you should do the following to help control:
- Look around the house and cover or seal any holes or small openings where rodents can walk through
- Set up traps around the home, they may end up catching the rodents
- Keep a clean and sanitized home
- Make note of common areas you have seen the rodents to help the exterminator find the hot spost
Warning Signs of a Rodent Infestation
It is horrible to think that your home and property have been infested with rodents. However, it's much better to immediately know that you have an issue so this can be taken care of in a timely manner, rather than to be unsure. As soon as you know you have a problem, you can quickly get our well trained team to deal with it.
Some of the common warning signals that you have a rodent infestation on your hands include:
- Actual glimpses of rodents, most easily detected at night when they are active
- Constant sounds of scampering, tapping, squeaking, scratching, and gnawing noises are occurring within your walls, under your floorboards, or in the attic
- There is a presence of small droppings everywhere, which appear in dark and oblong forms
- Strange odors of urine and feces
- Tiny holes or teeth marks around your home
- Footprints or tracks from rodent paws
- Nests that have been made from paper, wool, clothing, and other materials around the home
- Nesting materials such as shredded paper
Taking Action Immediately
Because mice and rats are especially adaptable, they are quite challenging and they can scavenge their way to survive almost any environment. Even if you think you have sealed your food and home off safely, they often can bury their way into anywhere, and have even been known to eat their own waste, or their babies, to survive. This is why you need Cross Pest Control of Tampa to help you before they potentially become unmanageable.
Contact us now at (813) 733-8823 for reliable rodent control in Tampa.